Friday, May 14, 2010

The Last Day in Corporate America

The last day went too fast. I had several projects to try to finish. The goal was to get them "hand-off" ready; in reality, the true meaning was to do as much as possible so my co-workers would not curse the ground I walk on when they took over the work.

I also talked to a lot of people who I hadn't talked to in a long time. Leaving is bittersweet. I had a fabulous time with all the people I spent the "quality" time helping. I can't think of many business partners (nice corporate-America speak) that I really will miss. I'll miss their problems, but it's different for the people.

I'm still waiting on my PRAXIS scores. I know I nailed reading and math (Indiana requires a 176 reading and 175 in math - I passed those easily). The writing score will be published to my online account 2-3 weeks after the test date. So possibly next Friday (May 21) I'll know (I'm an optimist) the outcome - definitely by Memorial Day.

So good-bye old job, old Jen. Hello to all the new experiences that are coming my way. I look forward to facing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment